EFC Tanzania is a Microfinance Bank that provides financial services i.e. taking deposits and providing loans to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and individuals. The bank is growing fast with the focus of reaching out to the unbanked business by growing its network throughout Tanzania in the coming years. To accomplish this, the bank needs to recruit Assistant HR Officer who are competent, analytical, experienced and hardworking individuals determined to go extra mile for their career growth and future.
It is the primary objective of the Assistant Human Resources (HR) Officer to perform various interventions with managers and employees in accordance with best Human Resource Management (HRM) practices. The Assistant HR Officer is accountable to assist in supporting the HRM function in EFC.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Assistant HR Officer is primarily responsible to support the application of an effective HRM function in EFC Tanzania. The position is accountable for supporting internal operational controls, maintaining and exceeding established quality standards, providing departmental budget management support and compliance with policies and procedures that assure efficient and productive HRM operations.
The principal responsibilities are to:
• Have a clear understanding of the EFC’s activities and objectives;
• Work closely with Head Office and Branches/Departments in a HR consultancy support role;
• Provide compliance support regarding HR policies, practices and standards;
• Provide recruitment and selection process support to ensure Head Office and Branch hiring/staffing objectives are fulfilled with high calibre and properly suited candidates;
• Provide HR administrative support as required in the areas of employee absenteeism and leave management, staff loans and filing systems.
Other tasks and responsibilities that will enable the fulfillment of the above noted responsibilities include:
• Supporting the recruitment and hiring process by drafting job descriptions and job advertisements/postings, reviewing and shortlisting applications, administering written tests and checking references;
• Managing the employee attendance control system to ensure proper follow up on chronic absenteeism and late reporting;
• Managing the employee leave control system with regular reporting to management to ensure proper administration according to EFC standards and sufficient replacement coverage during leave periods as deemed required;
• Managing an efficient employee loan application system ensuring application forms are completed correctly;
• Managing an efficient employee file system and ensuring all employee files contain the required documents and duly signed forms including follow up of contract renewals;
• Support the production of reports, statistics, analysis and lists as required;
• If requested, support the disciplinary and grievance process through proper preliminary preparations and producing accurate minutes for hearings;
• Performance of any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Manager Human Resources.
Qualifications & Requirements (i.e. education, skills and experience)
The Assistant HR Officer should absolutely have good practical knowledge of HRM in the financial services sector and the foresight to see how the intricate day-to-day HR related activities link with and support the achievement of the vision and mission of the EFC. In this regard, specific qualifications and requirements include:
• College Diploma in Human Resources related studies;
• One year of relevant experience;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a team oriented environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills in a cross-cultural environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, database, etc.).
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest detailing their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic Certificates/Diplomas/Degree and others Closing Date is 17th February 2017. The letters should be addressed to: Human Resources Department, EFC Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited, 8nd Floor, Tanzanite Park, 38 New Bagamoyo Road, P.O. Box 11735, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.