Source Guardian,7th March 2017
Delegation of European Union to the United Republic of Tanzania is looking for an
Administrative Assistant- Reference: OPS/2017/EU•ADM
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have similar functions to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Tanzania in the partnership with Tanzania and the East African Community:
• Shares the values and interests of the European Union;
• Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
• Supports Tanzania's development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
• Stimulate inclusive growth, private sector and job creation;
• Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development
We offer a full time (37.5 hours a week) post of Administrative Assistant with a three month probationary period. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as an Administrative Assistant - this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. The successful candidate will serve as support staff across the Delegation under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
This is a full time employment and the duty station is Dar es Salaam.
The post is allocated in salary group 2 for local agents, which has a minimum gross salary of TZS 3,288,787 per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union Human Resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Under the authority of the Head of Section, the Administrative Assistant will assist the Head of Administration in the fields of Management and Planning, Administrative and Logistical Support and Management of Local staff
Assist with the Management and Planning:
• Ensure effective planning and coordination in general for the activities of the section.
• Assist in implementing' lender and procurement procedures
• Administer leave-, mission- and training planning for all Delegation Staff
Assist with Budget and Finance:
• Assist in ensuring compliance with the financial regulations in place
• Act as Imprest Account Holder when the HoA is absent
• Monitoring and reporting on budget consumption
Administrative and Logistical Support
• Administer mission authorizations, including purchase of airplane tickets, other transportation means and hotel accommodations for all Delegation staff
• Administer mission reimbursements for all Delegation staff
• Monitor the Mission Budget of the Delegation
• Act as backup for other Staff in the Section as needed
Assist with the Management of Local Staff
• Ensure that correct procedures are carried out as regard recruitment, pay, benefits, staff appraisals, promotions, etc.
We look for:
Education, knowledge and skills
• Higher Secondary Education. Diploma / Degree in related area
(e.g. Public Administration, Business Administration, Human
Resources Management) is considered an advantage
• Excellent command of both Swahili and English Knowledge of French is an advantage
Minimum working experience
• Five years in Administrative Management including
Procurement/tendering or Human Resources Management.
Please send your application and supporting documents to DELEGATION- T ANZANIA-HR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu. The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV. The selection process will include evaluation of applications, written tests for qualified candidates to be followed by oral interviews for shortlisted candidates. The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure DELEGATION- TANZANIA-HR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu The deadline for applications is March 22, 2017 at 4:00pm (EAT)