Deloitte East Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our East Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across 3 countries of the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Deloitte Tanzania is seeking to recruit a Capacity Building Officer, with the skills and experience required to take responsibility for the development and delivery of capacity building interventions to the Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) involved in the implementation of the program.
About the Project
Pamoja Tuwalee Coordinated Care is a five-year project (August 2010-March 2015) led by Family Health International (FHI) with support from the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the U.S. Agency for International Development/Tanzania. The project builds on the successes and lessons learnt from other FHI and USG implemented OVC projects such as TUNAJALI in Tanzania.
The project is being implemented in partnership with FHI (core partner) and Deloitte Consulting Limited as the financial management and capacity building partner together with local organizations such as Pastoral Activities and Services for People with AIDS in Dar es Salaam Archdiocese (PASADA), the Centre for Counseling, Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH), the Tanzanian Women Lawyers Association (TAWLA), and Wanawake na Maendeleo (WAMA). A total of 10 CSOs have been identified and engaged as local implementing partners for Morogoro, Dar es salaam, Zanzibar and coast regions.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assess and chart existing stages of organizational development of the CSOs and develop growth plan and strategies for each category of CSO.
- Providing technical guidance and support to the Pamoja Tuwalee program as to how the leadership, planning, management and coordination capacity of CSOs should be built.
- Provide technical guidance to CSOs on creating up to date organization's governing documents, policies and administrative systems.
- Ensuring ongoing documentation of all approaches, methods and tools utilized.
- mplement specific organizational capacity building actions for each CSO and ensure adequate monitoring & support
- Develop long term/strategic capacity building plans for sub grantees.
- Designing and delivering training modules on a diverse range of organizational development themes.
- Take part in planning and implementation of the development of good practice materials and training packages to support good practice at field level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Profile of the Ideal Candidate:
- A social science degree, development studies or organizational development.
- Atleast 3 years of experience in supporting capacity building initiatives at community level including organizational development.
- Outstanding knowledge of the Tanzania context and civil society.
- Strong familiarity with community development participation projects.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Fluency in English.
Capacity Building Officer Pamoja Tuwalee Program