THE MWALIMU NYERERE MEMORIAL ACADEMY
Tel +255 22 2820041, 2820043, 2820045
Fax no: +255 222820816 P.O.Box 9163
E-mail: email@example.com. Dar es Salaam
Website: wwwmnma.ac.tz Tanzania
The Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy invites applications from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to be considered to fill the following vacant posts:
1.1 DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL STUDIES:
ASSISTANT LECTURER (THREE POSTS).
• Applicant must be holder of Masters Degree in Political Science, Public Administration or Sociology or equivalent qualifications.
1.2 DEPARTMETN OF ECONOMIC STUDIES
(a) ASSISTANT LECTURERS (TWO POSTS)
• Applicant must be holder of Masters Degree in Micro-Economics, Micro-Economics or equivalent qualifications.
(b) ASSISTANT LECTURERS (TWO POSTS)
• Applicant must be holder of Masters in Accountancy or equivalent qualifications.
1.3 DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE:
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (ONE POST).
• Applicant must be holder of Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy and CPA (T) or ACCA or equivalent qualifications.
• Applicant must be registered with NBAA.
• Applicant must have a working experience of at least three years.
• Applicant must be computer literate.
1.4 DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
(a) SENIOR NURSE (ONE POST)
• Applicant must be Form IV or Form VI with Diploma in Nursing or equivalent qualifications.
• He/she must be registered by Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council as Midwife or Nurse.
• He/She must have a working experience of at least three years.
(b) OFFICE MANAGEMENT SECRETARY (ONE POST)
• Applicant must be holder of Diploma in Secretarial Duties or equivalent qualifications.
• He/She must have a working experience of at least three years
• He/She must be computer literate.
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
a) ASSISTANT LECTURERS.
• To teach Certificate, Diploma and Degree courses.
• To guide and supervise students in research activities.
• To prepare learning materials and design training exercises for students.
• To conduct research and consultancy activities.
• To supervise student’s projects.
• To perform any other duties as assigned by his/her. Head of Department.
b) SENIOR ACCOUNTANT.
• To prepare and maintain Academy’s books of accounts.
• To attend to audit queries.
• To prepare appropriate journal vouchers, scrutinize and authorize monthly payroll in time.
• To prepare schedules, statements and other information for Management and Auditors.
• To prepare regular reports on revenue, expenditure and returns.
• To authorize appropriate payments within the delegated powers.
• To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by his/her Head of Department.
c) SENIOR NURSE
• To serve prescribed medicines and drugs to patients;
• To ensure that the dispensary and its surroundings are clean and safe;
• To carry out preliminary examination of patients;
• To carry out sterilization of utensils before use;
• To take care of patients who are admitted at the dispensary;
• To assist the Medical Officer in performing emergency minor surgery;
• To carry out any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
d) OFFICE MANAGEMENT SECRETARY
• To type open and confidential correspondences;
• To receive visitors and direct them to respective officers;
• To file minutes, correspondences and other documents;
• To maintain diary of appointment for the officer he/she works with;
• To ensure availability of adequate office supplies and office services;
• To carry out minor administrative duties;
• To perform any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
3.0 OTHER GENERAL INFORMATION:
• Assistant Lecturer - PHTS 13 – 14
• Senior Accountant - PGSS 14 – 15
• Senior Nurse - PMGSS 7 – 8
• Office Management Secretary - PGSS 9 – 10
b) Fringe Benefits:
Attractive fringe benefits will be given to successful applicants according to the Academy’s Incentive Scheme.
c) Age Limit:
Applicants must not be more than 45 years old.
4.0 MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applications accompanied with Curriculum Vitae, two most recent passport size photographs and copies of relevant certificates together with names and addresses of three referees should be submitted to the undermentined not later than 18th April, 2011. applicants are also advised to provide their telephone contacts, fax and e-mail addresses.
The Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Tel: No. 022 – 2820041
Fax: No: 022 – 2820816
Site Supervisor (Building /Civil and Structural Engineer) - SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE Open to Internal and External Candidates Position Title : Site Supervisor (Building /Civil and Structural Engineer) Duty Station : ...
3 hours ago