FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, FHI 360 is seeking suitable candidates for the position of
Administrative/Finance Officer to be based in Tabora (1), Mwanza (1) and Iringa (1).
Main responsibilities include managing office support operations and providing administrative and financial management support to the Zonal Office.
Key position elements include: administrative support to the office; financial monitoring of activities; coordination of logistics for the Zonal team; and management and processing of all associated forms and data at the Zonal Office.
• Providing support to and coordinating project financial and administrative activities within FHI360 and USAID guidelines and regulations.
• Ensuring accurate keeping of all accounting records for the zonal office.
• Preparing payment vouchers and other related financial documentation as needed.
• Responsible for the filing of payment vouchers, supporting documentations, workshop and travel retirements
• Ensuring continuous flow of funds to Zonal office.
• Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
• Coordinating all administrative support services for the field office (as relevant).
• Coordinating logistical organization of Zonal workshops/seminars/conferences and trainings for partners and clients.
• Preparing workshops schedule/payment to participants and retire same for review by the Financial Accountants.
• Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate.
• Coordinate all travel details/logistics for the project staff, consultants and other project visitors including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups.
• Coordinate all records and storage of supplies for the Zonal office.
• BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration with 1-3 years’ relevant experience; OR Advanced Diploma in similar field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
• Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations.
• Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations is an advantage
• Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
• Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
• Routine coordination with FHI360 employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
• Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
• Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
• Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
• Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
How to apply:
Send your Application, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Human Resources Department, FHI360
P.O. Box 78082
Dar es Salaam
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer