DESIGNATION: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
REPORTING TO: FINANCIAL PLANNING & REPORTING MANAGER
The role's objectives are mainly on improving the quality of financial management and systems that support the Bank's wide business objectives. Specifically to support the Financial Planning and Reporting Manager in executing his/her mandate of ensuring proper financial accounts are prepared accurately and on time; BOT returns are filed accurately and on time; taxes are correctly computed and paid on time. The role holder requires good exposure in financial & statutory reporting, bank reconciliation and tax management.
• General Ledger maintenance, regular reconciliation of general ledger accounts to sub ledgers.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register for the business. This includes ensuring all assets are tagged, depreciation is accurate and the Asset Register ties to the General Ledger.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies, this includes reviewing the unusual movements in the general ledger accounts and following up to make appropriate corrections.
• Preparing monthly expense accruals, provisions and amortization journals.
• Reviewing the financial data with the aim of making recommendations for more efficient operations of t he bank.
• Assist to produce accurate weekly and monthly returns for the Bank of Tanzania.
• Timely remittance of statutory payments i.e. withholding tax, VAT, quarterly tax provisional returns etc.
• Participate effectively in the statutory audit processes including provision of data for the Annual Financial Report.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• A university degree in business or equivalent.
• Relevant professional qualifications in accounting.
• Three to five years' experience post attainment of professional qualification, this includes five years' experience in middle to senior management role.
• Experience in banking and/or other financial institutions would be added advantage.
• Practical experience in use of relevant MS Office applications.
• Good understanding of IFRS.
• Good understanding of taxation laws.
• Practical experience in use of banking software and Enterprise Resource Programs (ERPs_SAP, Oracle, Pastel etc).
Mode of Application and Deadline:
If you are interested, and ready for great challenges, please send your application letter, enclosing full Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, three names & addresses of referees one of whom should be from current employer, by 31st May 2017.
Address your applications to:
Head of Human Resources
2nd Floor, Amani Place - Ohio Street "
P. 0. Box 9640
Dar es Salaam
We thank all those who Will show interest in working with us, but regret we will only be able to contact short listed candidates.