TGNP Mtandao has been in existence since 1993, during which time it has built itself into a leading
member of the women feminist movement for social gender transformation and women
empowerment within Tanzanian, Africa and beyond. Its overall goal is to contribute to increased
gender responsiveness of policy formulation and implementation of various policies. The approach
of the organization is enhancing strategic linkages, networking and coalition building among likeminded civil society organizations, grassroots groups and key networks and coalitions. Over the
years, TGNP has made a substantial contribution towards developing a critical mass of organized
civil society with the capacity to critically analyze and stimulate public debate, and to carry out
activism and collective action on pertinent social, cultural, political and economic development
Gender Training Institute
The GTI Centre for Leadership, based in Mabibo, Dar es Salaam, is an autonomous, accredited
training institute registered under NACTE in 2008. Originally founded in 1993, the Gender Training
Institute (GTI) emerged from our training and capacity building programmes focused on
gender. The approach is participatory, with classroom-based and appropriate curriculum
for government officials of all levels and sectors, grassroots and community organizations, higher
learning institutions, donor/international development organizations (NGOs), faith-based
organizations, and individuals. Since its establishment, GTI has trained over 5,000 people from all
over the country and the region.
2.0 GTI Programme Coordinator
The GTI Programe Coordinator key responsibilities will include:
1. Coordinating the process of restructuring and reinvigorating GTI to attract students/course
participants and transform GTI structure and systems to become fully functional.
2. Coordinating development, reviewing, strengthening and operationalization of organisation
policies, plans, curriculum, training manuals and materials, tools and methodologies for
enhancing feminist, animation gender capacities of development actors
1. Responsible in the formulation of project plans and budgets, and work closely with TGNP
Executive Director (and other programme staff) in integrating the GTI activities in the overall
programme planning and budgeting.
2. Advises and contributes to the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of GTI
programme activities, outputs and impacts including process of reviewing and developing
GTI sustainable strategy, Resource Mobilisation and Marketing strategy
3. Coordinates communications to all stakeholders, including TGNP Mtandao Board and
members on GTI progress and status reports
4. Organize technical workshop with stakeholders for situational analysis and identification of
specific courses, facilitate implementation when need arises
5. Link with all other programmes within TGNP with the objective of developing training
manuals/materials tools and packages in relation to the needs of particular programmes.
6. Link and promote GTI to other learning institutions at national, regional and international on
3.0 Job specifications
Qualifications and experience
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or equivalent is required with a minimum 3 years of working
experience relevant position advertised to the job advertised.
Key Job skill requirements (Competencies)
1. Project coordination
2. Experience working with gender and development issues within an established NGO or
related training institute.
3. Curriculum and/or training materials development
4. Experience in training and facilitation (minimum 2 years)
5. Passionate about gender equality and combatting discrimination in all its forms.
6. Financial literacy to budgeting and expenditure monitoring level
7. Strong interpersonal skills, networking and organising
8. Thorough proficiency in the use of Microsoft office
The post carries attractive remuneration for the right candidate.
5.0 Mode of Application
All applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience
related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; three reference letters
and supporting documents.
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to the address below enclosing:
1. An application letter indicating how you meet the requirements of the post.
2. Comprehensive curriculum vitae
3. A comprehensive statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the
job you are seeking why you think you are the most qualified candidate for the position;
4. Copies of relevant certificates.
5. Names and full address of three referees.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
E Mail: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dead Line
Please submit your application not later than March 10th, 2017.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.