THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT RUKWA
Rukwa Region through PEPFAR funding is among the beneficiaries of Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Walter Reed Program (HJFMRIIWRP) HIV Project in the Southern Highlands with center for excellence stationed at Mbeya Region.
• As from the first contractual agreement in 2004/2005, Walter Reed HIV & AIDS Project operated from Mbeya to cover three regions with high prevalence regions in Tanzania. Rukwa is one of them and has to ensure that project deliverables and other requirements are met within specified time, quality and quantitatively as measured on pre-set project targets of the project implementation period. The RAS Rukwa through RMO on the other hand, still requiring providing health care services in response to HIV&AIDS by seeking qualified candidates.
Job Description: Lab Scientist
Report To: Regional Medical Officer/ Regional Aids Control Coordinator
Location: Sumbawanga Regional Refferal Hospital
Planning laboratory activities
To oversee routine workflow developing/refining sops, job aids, log book and referral forms as needed based on national international approved guidelines and standards
To perform regular equipment maintenance.
To perform specific technique like PCR for HIV viral load, HIV rapid testing, CD4 count, hematologic,
Clinical chemistry and microbiology testing.
Carry out other laboratory related activities as assigned by his/her supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning laboratory activities
• To oversee routine workflow developing/refining sops, job aids, log book and referral forms as needed based on national international approved guidelines and standards
• To perform regular equipment maintenance.
• To perform specific technique like PCR for HIV viral load, HIV rapid testing, CD4 count, haematologic,
• Clinical chemistry and microbiology testing.
• Carry out other laboratory related activities as assigned by his/her supervisor
• Qualification and experience
• Bachelor's degree in medical laboratory sciences or equivalent.
• Registration certificate issued by medical laboratory association of Tanzania.
The regional administrative secretary is seeking qualified candidate to fill the positions mentioned above will work with regional medical officer under sponsorship of HJMFRI/WRP cover letter, resume and copies of relevant certificates, should be sent to regional administrative secretary P.O.Box 128 Sumbawang Rukwa or through email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org To Consider Application must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.