TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED
TENDER NO: PA/001/2016-17/CZN/G/003
FOR SUPPLY OF TRANSFORMER/SWITCHGEAR/INSULATING
OIL AT CENTRAL ZONE UNDERFRAME WORK CONTRACT.
INVITATION FOR TENDER
Date: March, 2017
1. This invitation for Quotations follows the General Procurement Notice which
appeared in the Daily News on 3rd August, 2016.
2. Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) has set aside
funds For Supply of Transformer/Switchgear/Insulating Oil at Central Zone
under Frame Work Contract.
3. You are hereby invited to submit your price quotation for supplying
Transformer Oil as described in the Schedule of Requirements.
4. Tendering will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding
Procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Goods, Works, Nonconsultancy
Services and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations,
2013 – Government Notice No. 446 Published on 20th December, 2013 and
are open to all bidders as defined in the Regulations.
5. Interested bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Tender
Documents at the Office of Secretary Zonal Tender Board – Central Zone
located at Fourth Floor, TANESCO Building, Dar Es Salaam Road, P.O. Box
49 Dodoma. Telephone+255 26 2321632, Telefax: +255 26 2321746 from
09:00hrs to 16:30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on Public
6. All Bids in one original plus three (3) copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in
plain envelopes marked Tender No. PA/001/2016-17/CZN/G/003 for
Supply of Transformer/Switchgear/Insulating Oil at Central Zone under
Frame Work Contract must be delivered to the Secretary, TANESCO Zonal
Tender Board – Central Zone to reach him not later than 27th March, 2017 at
14.30 hours local time.
7. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may
be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written
application to the address given under paragraph 6 above and upon payment
of a non-refundable fee of TZS: 50,000 or equivalent Payment should either be
by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO Ltd.
(Bidding Document can also be purchase at TANESCO Head Office – Umeme Park
8. Deadline for submission will be on Monday 27th March, 2017 at 14.30 hours
local time. Bids will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the
presence of Supplier’s representatives who choose to attend in the opening at
the Zonal Office Board room, 4th Floor immediately after closing time on 27th
March, 2017 at 14.30 hours local time.
9. All Bids must be accompanied by Original Tender Securing Declaration in the
format provided in the bidding document.
10.Late Bids, portion of Bids, electronic Bids, and Bids not received, Bids not
opened at the Bids opening ceremony shall not be accepted for
evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER
TANESCO CENTRAL ZONE