Job purpose and summary: To lead and provide technical expertise in the implementation and management of MNCH/SRH Project in Rukwa.
• Provides operational support throughout all stages of the project process and ensures integration, coherence and harmonization of all components in the project design to achieve results as planned
• Continually ensures alignment of the MNCH project with both international and national gender equality and MNCH and sexual reproductive health (SRH) priorities, plans and competencies
• Identifies and builds strategic networks with other actors to support the districts in implementation and monitoring of gender responsive and adolescent-friendly maternal and child health (MNCH) quality improvement initiatives in line with the national government policy.
• Actively monitors the project implementation through field visits, exchange of information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential risks and work for timely decisions to resolve issues
Qualification, Experience and skills
• A Master’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent, with a minimum of three years progressive experience in a related field;
• First Degree in Heath or Allied Science or equivalent, with a minimum of five years progressive experience in a related field;
• At least 5 years’ experience as a health staff, majoring in MNCH and Adolescent Reproductive Health
• Project work experience in gender-integrated programs and preferably in the health sector
• At least 5 years’ experience in an international organization similar to Plan.
• Strong knowledge/practice of MNCH and Adolescent Reproductive Health.
• Strong knowledge of the Rights of Child, gender concepts, approaches and development programming, analytical and Communication skills appropriate to the audience.
• Excellent report writing skills, Strong team-building and motivational skills.
• Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet.
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to email@example.com not later than 11th November, 2016.