Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a Tanzanian non-governmental Institute with a mission of
generating new knowledge and relevant information for public health policy and action. IHI
is one of the leading health research outfits in Africa and has ongoing collaborations with
multiple global centres of research excellence.. IHI conducts a wide range of health-related
research, including biomedical and environmental studies, trials of drugs, vaccines and
diagnostics, health-systems research, and monitoring and evaluation.
As Internal auditing is an increasingly important area of accounting and auditing. IHI is
looking for an internal auditor. Internal auditors will responsible for verifying the accuracy of the Institute
internal records and check for mismanagement, waste, or fraud, to examine and evaluate their Institute’s
financial and information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure that records are
accurate and controls are adequate to protect against fraud and waste. To review company operations,
evaluating the efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with corporate policies and
procedures, laws, and government regulations. To recommend controls for their Institute
computer systems, ensure the reliability of the systems and the integrity of the data.
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
• To check the Institute’s bookkeeping and accounting methods by analyzing its books
• To compare the Institute’s books with the records of the banks, brokers, creditors,
and others who deal with the company
• To check the books of the departments within the Institute regularly
• To objective analyses and reports often help management cut costs, save on taxes, and increase
• To examine and evaluate the financial system of their firm to ensure that it is being run
efficiently and economically
• To examine all financialrecords, including accounting books, payroll records, and equipment
and inventory records.
• To submit reports to management on how well accounting policies are working and where
changes should be made
• To help managers to base their decisions on actual data,ratherthan personal observation, as
computer systems make information timelier,
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or the equivalent combination of Education
and training. A postgraduate degree will be added advantage.
• Registration with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors as an Associate
Certified Public Accountant (ACPA) or Fellow Certified Public Accountant (FCPA).
• Proven experience of at least 2 years in internal auditing in None Registration
organisations / firms will be an added advantage.
§ Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing,
finance, research, operations, or health care.
§ Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking
clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome.
§ Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
§ Good communication skills along with good or developing report writing skills
§ Team Player
Attractive and competitive remuneration will be provided to the right candidate
MODE OF EMPLOYMENT
One year renewable contract depending on performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the above job requirements should channel their letter of applications,
with detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact address, e-mail, telephone numbers
and photocopy of academic and professional certificates, to:
Chief Human Resources Officer,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
Dar es Salaam.
E mail: email@example.com
The deadline for submission of application is 25th November, only successful
candidates will be contacted.