• Designs, develops and implements the M&E framework/strategy, system and quantitative and qualitative tools, with a focus on health management information systems strengthening and incorporating mobile technology;
• Leads regular monitoring data collection, verification, entry, spot checking, analysis, reporting and sharing, ensuring accurate, high quality household, community and facility level data is collected on all PMF (Performance Measurement Framework) indicators on a regular basis and as per agreed framework and timelines;
• Supports, coordinates and follows the development and implementation of Baseline, Midterm, End-line and implementation research studies (to be completed under separate Terms of Reference) in order to inform the M&E framework, tools, systems and processes;
• Provides information and feedback to the Program Director to inform adjustments in project strategy, to ensure that the project remains relevant and effective;
• In Consultation with Plan International Tanzania Head of MER and the Program Director, develops a comprehensive monitoring framework and the collection of relevant data on the project in reference to the project log frame;
Qualification, Experience and skills
• Minimum of a post-graduate degree in Public Health, Statistics, Social Sciences, Information Technology, or equivalent
• Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in the development sector, including minimum three (3) years of M&E experience in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research systems with government, non-governmental agencies or similar organizations
• Thorough experience working with national sources of data, including government statistical sources, HMIS systems (i.e. DHIS2) and maternal and child health indicators
• Thorough experience with the use of technology for data collection including mobile phones and Global Positioning System (GPS) preferred
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Ability to manage large datasets and experience in interpreting both quantitative and qualitative data.
• Knowledge and comfort with database software/ statistical packages such as Microsoft Access SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, databases (Access) and spreadsheets (Excel);
• Good understanding of trends for monitoring and evaluation;
• Demonstrable abilities to be detail oriented and to problem-solve where needed to ensure quality data
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11th November, 2016.