• Assists Senior Health Program Manager to design and manage project in the region.
• Conducts community visits to monitor health related activities in project districts and submit report of such visits to ensure quality supervision and monitoring leading to improvement in program delivery. Provides technical review of progress, reviews quality gaps and provides inputs to make improvements routinely.
• Coordinates periodic Reviews, including annual health sector reviews to identify success stories and areas of improvement.
• Liaises with the Health Advisor to prepare and assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses, identify lessons learned and use the knowledge gained to guide and improve implementation
Qualification, Experience and skills
• University degree in Public Health, Allied Science or its equivalent. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years’ experience as a technical staff in a health related institution
• At least 2 years experience in the civil service
• At least 2 years similar experience in an international organization similar to Plan
• Knowledgeable of the health systems and activities in Tanzania
• Develops, motivates, coaches and promotes high performance by partners’ staff and collaborators
• Working under pressure, Communicates clearly and effectively
• Develops winning grants proposals and works in a participative community approach
• Strong knowledgeable of the health system in Tanzania
• Strong knowledge of the Rights of Child.
• Analytical and Communication skills appropriate to the audience.
• Strong team-building and motivational skills.
• Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet.
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to email@example.com not later than 11th November, 2016.