Mbeya Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Mbeya WSSA) is an autonomous water supply organization mandated to provide water and sewerage disposal services within the % urban area of Mbeya City. It was established in January 1998 under section 3 (1) of Act No. % 8 of 1997, repelled by Act No. 12 of 2009. To adequately fulfill its objectives and in line with % the expansion of activities Mbeya WSSA is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the following % positions
Meter Readers X 15
Appointed by Managing Director Reports to: Billing and data base Officers
5.1 Duties and Responsibilities es • Prompt, accurate and efficient reading of all meters within the assigned area.
• Reporting of faulty meter to the relevant officers . . • Undertaking training on meter reading and required standards of documentation. • Reporting illegal connections. . • Reporting water leakages and wastage. . • Distribution of water and sewerage bills. s. • Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Meter Service Supervisor. r. Salary Scale UWS 1.
Requirements for Appointment • Form IV with at least four pass in subject. • Certificate in Business Administration/Communication Skills/Computer/Records
• Management or Trade Test Grade I in plumbing.
Age limit: Not above 35 years of age.
Billing and Customer Records Officer II X 1
Appointed by Managing Director r Reports to Billing and Customer Records Officer
Supervises: Billing Clerks, Meter Readers
Requirements for Appointment • Holder of Degree/Advanced Diploma in Computer Science/ Business Administration or related field from a recognized institution with at least three (3) years working experience in a similar position in a reputable organization.
Duties and Responsibilities • Initiating computer for each program in accordance with operating instructions
• Assembling the necessary input/output materials for the job b • Operating computer and taking appropriate actions as defined in the instructions
• Cleaning Computer equipment as defined in the manufacturer's instructions • Updating master files for daily disconnected and reconnected customers rs • Preparing and undertaking the monthly billing processes s • Updating and entering newly connected customers to the customers 'master life.
• Monitoring customer bills preparations processeses
Salary Scale UWS 6. 4.3 Age Limit t Not above 40 years of age
Geographical Information Systems Specialist Assistant Grade II X 2
Appointed by : Managing Director r Report to : Head of Geographical information System Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities • To survey and create water networks maps
• To survey and create sewerage networks maps • To survey, collect and locate customers information the map using GIS Software
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Geographical Information Systems Specialist..
Qualifications and Experience • Diploma in Land Surveying and Planning/Information Technology/Civil il • Engineering/Geography with Emphasis in GIS or should have pursued a certificate or diploma in GIS from a recognized higher leaning institution.
• Knowledge of GIS Software, tools and application including but not limited to Arc GIS, Auto CAD suit applications or Microsoft Office suitee
• Minimum of two (2) years work experience in a reputable organization n • Salary Scale UWS 3.
Age Limit Not above 35 years of age
Procurement Officer Grade III X 1
Appointed By: Managing Director Reports To: Head of procurement Supervises: Junior Procurement Staff
Duties and Responsibilities • Responsible for efficient procurement, receiving and inspection.
• Identifying materials requirement of the Authority and making timely procurement at minimum costs and with due regard to user specifications • Recommending to the Head of Department standards and procedures for the acquisition. • Compliance with the authority's tendering and ordering procedures for materials and services. • Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department.nt.
2.4 Requirements for Appointment nt The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:- • Holder of Degree/Advanced Diploma in Materials Management with Certified Supplies Professional (CSP) or its equivalent. t. • At least three (3) years working experience as a Procured/Supplies officer in a reputable organization with Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office programs.
• Registered with NBMM as Authorized Supplies Officer is advantageous added qualification. • Salary Scale UWS 6.
2.6 Age limit: t: Not above 40 years of age.
Finance Manager X 1
Organizational Relationships Appointed by: Board of Directors Reports to: Managing Director Supervises: Revenue Accountant, Expenditure Accountant, Store & Supplies Officer
Duties and Responsibilities • The Finance Manager shall be the head of the Finance Department.
• To oversee the implementation of the Action Plans in Mbeya WSSA's Strategic Plan. • To oversee preparation of Mbeya WSSA's performance and progress reports. s. • To develop and review financial policies and accounting systems • To control and monitor Mbeya WSSA's budget performance.
• To advice management on all matters related to accounting, finance and taxation.
• To oversee the collection of Mbeya WSSA's revenue and controlling expenditure. • Performing any other. duties as may be assigned by the Managing Directoror
Requirements for Appointment The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:- • University Degree/Advanced Diploma majoring in any of the following fields, Finance, Accountancy or Commerce and Finance from a recognized institution on • Certified Public Accountant, CPA (T) or ACCA/CIMA. . • Knowledge and competency in Information and Communication Technology y • (ICT) application, and familiarity with anyone of the accounting software; • A strong background of International Financial Reporting Standards (I FRS) and good knowledge of Public Sector Accounting and Reporting Principles. . • Not less than nine (9) years working experience relevant fields out of which five (5) years should be in a senior position of responsibility within the Finance
• Department in a reputable organization.
• Possession of Master's Degree is an added advantage..
Salary Scale UWS 10
Remuneration Attractive package and fringe benefits as per Mbeya WSSA's incentives scheme will be offered to the successful candidates.
The qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria attaching copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonial. Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work/professional related referees.
Applications which will not meet the stated qualification will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking. The Managing Director Mbeya Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, P. O. Box 2932,Mbeya .