FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
Currently, FHI 360 is seeking suitable candidates to fill in the following various positions for the USAID-funded Comprehensive Platform for Integrated Communications Initiative (CPICI) Project in Tanzania. The purpose of the project is to support social and behavior change communication (SBCC) programming that transforms socio-cultural norms and promotes positive practices that lead to the adoption of healthier behaviors.
Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Officer (3) – based in Iringa, Tabora and Mwanza
The Regional M&E Officer will support data entry, verification, and quality assurance in their respective regions. S/he will support local partners in developing comprehensive M&E plans and activities. S/he will develop plans for sharing development knowledge through communications, outreach, and training within the project as well as with the client, the public health, and SBCC community locally; Coordinate outreach and communications training activities; Provide advice and guidance in areas of outreach, communication, and training to partners, local government, and local organizations; Assist with development and management of project wide information system that is consistent with the MEP and Data Use Plan. Support reporting and documentation of achievements and lessons learned, including compiling quantitative, qualitative, and anecdotal information in a publishable and easy way to disseminate.
• Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Public health, Sociology, or related field and 5-7 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
• At least 3 years of experience in supporting M&E and research activities for SBCC public health projects.
• Experience using statistical packages like SPSS, Stata, etc. and qualitative packages like Altas.ti, NVivo, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of social science, demographic and market research, monitoring and evaluation, data dissemination techniques, policy analysis and policy development in health, nutrition and HIV/AIDS
• Experience in handling quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, report writing and dissemination
• Consultative and collaborative approach; ability to work with diverse groups and in a challenging environment.
• Experience of knowledge of specific issues related to the region
• Strong communication and writing skills required
• Ability to work independently and manage a high volume of work flow
• Relevant computer software skills, including MS word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Manager (1)- based in Dar es Salaam
The SBCC Manager will lead the implementation of SBCC activities in Dar es Salaam Region under the technical direction of the Communications Director. S/he will be responsible for focal districts within Dar es Salaam and for coordination and joint-planning with government and local NGO partners, community organizations, USAID, and others to achieve successful implementation of the project. Also, coaches, mentors, and manages project team and partners to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in communication, public health, social science, behavioral change communication or related field and 7-9 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience
• At least 5-7 years of experience supporting SBCC and capacity strengthening projects, including design, development, and implementation of SBCC activities.
• 3+ years of experience in implementing and managing branding/marketing communication, public relations, or advocacy projects or campaigns. Must have demonstrated experience in planning and implementing strategic media campaigns for local and national brands and has built and managed social media platforms in the past.
• Knowledge of state of the art public relations, marketing, social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application. Technical knowledge of one or more of the health topic areas (MNCH, FP, malaria, HIV/AIDS, TB) is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and use of multi-media communications.
• Ability to synthesize and translate technically complex information into plain language communication products. Work in low-literacy settings a plus.
• Field experience in developing/implementing social and behavior change communication, advocacy and public relations projects/programs that have demonstrated impact.
• Understanding of formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective communication and public relations/advocacy campaigns.
• Demonstrated strong technical, programming and management skills.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English; an additional of a local language is a plus.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with partners, donors and NGOs.
Send your Application, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees to: Email to: email@example.com OR Human Resources Department, FHI360 P.O. Box 78082 Dar es Salaam Closing date: April 22, 2017 Only short listed candidates will be contacted. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer