Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Process Plant Manager based at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the General Manager and the role holder will be accountable to provide leadership and systems that deliver industry best practice in processing to ensure sustainable optimized gold recovery.
This is a permanent/ fixed term contract role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
o Ensure statutory requirements are met as a minimum standard.
o Provide visible felt leadership with time in field and safety leader conversations
o Contribute to HSE improvement plans delivering continuous improvement in leading and lagging indicators.
o Ensure that Critical Risk Controls are maintained to a high standard in your area.
o Ensure operating risks are monitored and mitigated against as part of annual and medium term business plans
o Develop and achieve annual business plan for processing department.
o Contribute to 5 year Business Plan and LOM Reviews.
o Monitor and report on performance as per company standards.
o Manage production risks and opportunities to optimize department performance.
o Develop, implement and monitor department improvement plan to deliver continuous improvement in systems and processes.
o Identify, evaluate and implement continuous improvement projects to optimize performance and deliver unit cost improvements.
o Ensure department leaders are capable, performing and developing in role.
o Provide guidance to next level and future leaders to develop for their next role.
o Lead and foster positive relationships with support and operating departments.
o Develop and implement department cultural improvement plan to ensure positive relationships and successful team culture.
• Tertiary Degree / Higher Diploma in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry.
• Post Graduate Qualifications such as MBA/MSc will be highly regarded.
• Professional Registration will be well regarded.
• 10 years’ experience in process plant operations / metallurgy roles of which at least 5 years’ must be in an operational leadership role.
• Ideally have completed a minimum 6 month business improvement project.
• Extractive Metallurgy
• Fundamentals of Processing
• Comminution/ Flotation/ CIL / Tailings retreatment operations
• Project Management
• Basic Maintenance
• Mining interface with processing
• OH&S Legislation
• Environmental Legislation
• Financial Analysis
• Systems design and implementation
• Computer Skills - Excel, Word, Email, Pronto, Pi, Digital Control Systems
• Time management, scheduling and planning
• Analysis and interpretation of data, trouble shooting
• Business Improvement tools and processes
• Team Leadership