Green Growth Senior Fellow
WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an international non-governmental organization that deals with conservation of nature. WWF Tanzania aims to sustain Tanzania's outstanding and globally significant natural wealth and biodiversity and in doing so support local livelihoods and national economic development. We address cross-cutting issues such as climate change and green economy development including engaging in national-level policy initiatives such as the Southern Agriculture Growth Corridor (SAGCOT). Through our collaborative work with the Government of Tanzania, research institutions, the WWF network, Luc Hoffmann and the private sector,
The Luc Hoffmann Institute is an independent research hub at WWF responding to global change. Our mission is to co-create solutions and build capacity to address complex environmental, social and economic challenges to achieve conservation impact. We collaborate with world-class experts to address complex conservation questions where solutions are time-dependent and traditional institutions are ill-equipped to respond. We support better conservation through ‘fit for purpose’ research, diverse partnerships and stronger conservation leaders. We work with the WWF global network to bring science to action.
WWF Tanzania Country Office is seeking to hire an experienced and motivated individual for the position of Green Growth Senior Fellow to be based in Dar-es-salaam to provide vision, content, and leadership to the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) as a pilot location, this project will develop a framework around which ‘equitable green growth’ can be negotiated.
ROLE AND MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
The successful candidate will support SAGCOT centre and WWF Tanzania to develop an understanding of the collective challenges and solutions related to water resources development to help fulfil SAGCOT centre’s mission of inclusive and green agriculture growth
1. Support strategic partnership management between SAGCOT centre and partners on green growth;
- Consolidate the relationship between SAGCOT centre, WWF and LHI, and other project partners and WWFs support to SAGCOT centre on decision-making in equitable green growth;
- Support enhanced capacity of SAGCOT centre as an institution to facilitate multi-stakeholder discussion
2. Conceptualise, analyse and develop collective water stewardship approaches needed to support SAGCOT centre in their mission of inclusive and green agriculture growth in relation to local water challenges;
3. Provide thought leadership to around ‘equitable green growth’ goal, tools and approaches
- Work on opportunities to support replicability of the approach and tools to the entire SAGCOT corridor and other African growth corridors;
- Lead the development of publications in high quality outlets in the international peer-reviewed literature;
- Assist with supervision of PhD/postgraduate students or other consultants where relevant;
- The position will contribute to this work by sharing lessons, research, and experience from Tanzania.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated research experience at least in some of the areas of water management, sociology, political science, economics, natural resource management, ecology, geography, environmental science or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in integrated water resources management
- Experience in cross-sector stakeholder engagement, especially in developing countries
- Experience in the development of effective relationships across institutions and sector
- Excellent strategic skills.
- Ability to build external partnerships, strengthens capacity, and builds teamwork.
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained at the offices of WWF Tanzania Country Office in Dar es Salaam. Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Organization Development Manager through firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 11th November 2016 at 4:30 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews.