The OrganisationQGC is a leading Australian coal seam gas explorer and producer focused on supplying cleaner hydrocarbon energy to growing domestic and international markets.
We are establishing Queensland Curtis LNG, a world-first project to turn reserves of natural coal seam gas in the Surat and Bowen basins in Queensland into liquefied natural gas (LNG) – a carbon efficient fuel.
QGC, which is wholly owned by the British energy company BG Group, employs more than 4,300 staff and contractors.
The purpose of the role is to effectively supply a range of high level commercial, business, administrative, HR and stakeholder management services to the Manager and staff of Condamine Power Station.
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
• Previous experience in a Senior Management position within an operating power station
• High level of power station industry knowledge
• Demonstrated experience managing, coaching and developing staff in a team environment
• Demonstrated experience developing operating procedures, work and resource plans and schedules
• Awareness of environmental health and safety legislation and Australian Standards as applicable to the operation and maintenance of a power station. knowledge of relevant Acts & Regulations
• Expertise in using systems such Job Safety Analysis, ability to train staff and undertake site safety inductions
• Competent to administer contracts
• Developing negotiation skills
Knowledge, Languages, Skills and Attributes
• Tertiary qualifications in legal, commercial or relevant discipline and membership of appropriate professional body are desirable
• Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or equivalent desirable
• Demonstrated competency to provide services to power station operations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Commitment to safety
• Ability to use initiative and find solutions to complex technical problems
• Flexible approach to work and ability to work outside the scope of the position where required
• Experienced commercial professional who demonstrates mastery of discipline, provides specialist advice and has a proven track record of delivery and value adding
• Excellent analytical, negotiating and influencing skills at all levels
• Superior drafting skills
• Competence at policy development
Additional Information for External Candidates
BG Group values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities; applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that after the closing date you will no longer be able to apply for the vacancy. The specific time of closing is midnight UK time on the date displayed. BG Group also reserves the right to close vacancies before the advertised closing date without prior notice.
|Click here to apply for this job|