|Reference Number QGC1788|
QGC is a leading Australian coal seam gas explorer and producer focused on supplying cleaner hydrocarbon energy to growing domestic and international markets.
As a core member of the asset team, the Business Analyst will provide support to the Area Asset Manager and the area asset team in support of upstream delivery. The Business Analyst will be responsible for providing accurate and timely analysis to support business decisions across a range of functions.
• Support the management of reporting requirements of the area asset teams to QGC management, internal stakeholders and joint venture partners
• Facilitate the internal approval process for the release of upstream scope for final engineering and execution
• Manage and ensure integrity of data within systems tracking the Upstream Development Process (including well and infrastructure status from conceptual design to production)
• Seek out, collate and analyse financial and non-financial data relating to planning and business performance across the asset area to provide insight to the asset teams and shape decision making
• Assist in the management of internal and external meetings (including meetings of joint venture committees), including compiling preparatory materials, recording and tracking actions
• With members of the area asset team, review, manage and control documentation associated with the Upstream Delivery Process in the asset area (including internal approval documents and documentation for joint venture partners)
• Supports development of process and tools to track planning and development of the relevant area
• Support the area asset manager in assessment of strategies for the area and in communication planning for internal and external stakeholder groups
• The incumbent must adhere to the annual HR cycle and meet deadlines within the appropriate timeframes
Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE)
• Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours
• All QGC employees must adhere to the Business Principles at all times under Conduct, Our People, Society and HSSE and to participate in relevant training
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
• Experience in the Oil & Gas or other asset-intensive industries desirable
• Successful track record of managing daily issues in a high-delivery organisation without losing focus on broader business objectives
• Ability to prioritise across numerous immediate issues and requests
• Ability to work, integrate, challenge and promote change across a multi-disciplinary workforce
Skills and Attributes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
• Good presentation skills
• Proven track record in problem solving and strong analytical ability
• Needs to be self aware, able and willing to grow and extend their influence with appropriate stakeholders
• Financial literacy
• Ability to work with data and draw insightful conclusions
• Strong ability to elicit and analyse business requirements and relate these to processes or process change
• Able to make recommendations for improvement and escalate appropriately
• Familiarity with standard business software packages (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc) required. Familiarity with geospatial software (eg Arc GIS) or planning tools (eg Primavera P6) a plus.
Additional Information for External Candidates
BG Group values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities; applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.
|Click here to apply for this job|