MzN | Consulting Ltd is a non-profit, social business providing short- and long-term technical assistance non-governmental organizations. Our core skills are delivering capacity enhancement and interim management services in the area of financial and grant management.
Due to increased demand, we are currently seeking Senior Finance Managers to act as interim managers/directors or consultants to our NGO clients worldwide (especially in Nepal, DRC, South Sudan, Sudan and CDI).
Candidates who successfully completed their first assignment will be invited to join the Expert team of MzN | International. Experts benefit from a constant flow of interim and consultancy assignments worldwide, with the opportunity to choose dates and assignment locations. MzN | International Development Experts also benefit from a comprehensive learning and development framework as well as other fringe benefits. Whilst on their first assignment, MzN | International will manage all administrative duties and provide regular professional guidance. The NGO client will usually provide accommodation, travel and essential insurances.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager: • As a Senior Expert, you take the clients financial and grant management function in the field office or at HQ. Associates also have staff responsibility and need to effectively lead the team.
• Be a proactive communicator and consultant, foreseeing challenges, training needs and potential conflicts before they arise to plan and implement mitigating action.
• Quickly establish a working network within the specific location office as well as overseas infrastructure to coordinate action specifically.
• Take full responsibility of the specific objectives of the assignment, as well as identifying and communication additional actions to be taken during the assignment.
Assignments usually last 3 to 12 months, but can be longer or shorter.
The expected profile of a Senior Finance Manger includes:
• University degree, preferably to postgraduate level
• A professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA,CIMA) is a plus
• Substantial experience with NGO finance and grant operations in humanitarian work (at least 5 years)
• Substantial experience with donor reporting and proposal guidelines and procedures, particularly with the EU and DFID
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent management and representation competencies
• Experience with working in developing world context
• Experience working as a consultant is a plus
What we offer: MzN | International offers a unique career path for NGO professionals who wish to benefit from an constant stream of available work assignments but like to choose the timing and location by themselves. We offer above-market remuneration for self-employed NGO professionals as well as excellent learning & development opportunities.
Due to the imminent start date of some assignments, we may offer positions to candidates before the deadline date. We regret that due to the volume of application we can only contact successful applicants.
Please use this link to apply: http://www.mzninternational.com/preCondForm