Invitation for Pre-qualification
Tender No: PA/004/2010-11/HQ/W/28
CONSTRUCTION OF KIGAMBONI CABLE
STAYED BRIDGE (680 m) AND ITS APPROACH ROADS (2.5 km) TO BITUMEN STANDARD
1. Kigamboni area is located on the eastern side of Dar es Salaam City and is separated from the main City by a sea creek. The proposed Kigamboni
Bridge will be located at Kurasini Creek in Dar es Salaam. The Bridge will connect to an approach road of about 1.0 km that will cross the TAZARA Railway line to the north and will intersect with Mandela Road at grade. On the kigamboni side the Bridge will connect to an approach road of about 1.5 km that will intersect with the Kigamboni Ferry-Kibanda Road. The works shall involve the following;
(i) Construction of two reinforced concrete pylons of a cable stayed bridge with centre span of 250m and total bridge length of 680m,
(ii) Installation of wax coated stay cables including anchorages,
(iii) Construction of six (6) lanes-dual carriageway with two (2) sidewalks pre-stressed box girder concrete deck of 680m total length and 27.5m total width,
(iv) Construction of two (2) reinforced concrete abutments founded on piles,
(v) Construction of retaining structures of 450m length,
(vi) Construction of six (6) lanes dual carriageway to bitumen standard approach roads of about 2.5 km.
(vii) Construction of one toll plaza on Kigamboni side.
2. This invitation for prequalification follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in the Daily News, of 19th May 2010.
3. National Social Security Fund (NSSF) has set aside funds towards the cost of construction of Kigamboni Bridge and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of these funds for eligible payments under the contract for construction of Kigamboni Bridge. The fund intends to pre-qualify contractors and/or firms for the construction of Kigamboni Bridge. It is expected that invitations for bids will be made in June, 2011.
4. Pre-qualification will be conducted through the procedures specified in Regulation 15 of the public Procurement (Goods, Works, Non-Consultant Services and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2005 – Government Notice 97 of 15th April 2005, and is open to all firms and voluntarily formed joint ventures.
5. interested applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the prequalification documents at the NSSF Head Office, Benjamin William
Mkapa Pension Towers, 7th floor PMU Office, (address below) from 08:00am -5;00pm. A complete set of prequalification documents in English may be purchased by interested applicants on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of
Tshs. 250,000/= (TShs. Two hundred fifty thousand only) or its equivalent in freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be in cash payable at Cash Office; 14th floor Benjamin W. Mkapa Pension Towers (Tower B), Azikiwe Street.
6. Applications should be submitted in sealed envelops, delivered to the address below by 10.00 hours on 21st April 2011 and should be clearly marked “Application for Pre-qualification for the Construction of Kigamboni Bridge and its Approach Roads”.
The Director General,
National Social Security Fund (NSSF), P.O.Box 1322, Dar es Salaam,
16th Floor, Benjamin W. Mkapa Pension Towers (Tower B), Azikiwe Street. Tel: +255 22 2163400 – 19
Fax: +255 22 2200019. E-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Late tenders, electronic tenders, telegraphic and tenders not received and not opened at the tender opening ceremony shall not be considered for pre-qualification irrespective of any circumstances.
Systems Maintenance Technician - Gulu University - Reports to: Systems Analyst The Systems Maintenance Technician will be responsible for inspecting, repairing, assembling and maintaining computer and inform...
20 hours ago