CAREER OPPORTUNITIES 2011
The Embassy of Denmark in Dar es Salaam seeks applications from qualified professionals for the following positions:
- Programme Officer:Economics and Regional Integration
- Programme Officer: Public Financial Management
Read the add as published in the newspapers here:
Programme Officer: Economics and Regional Integration
The main task of the Programme Officer is to contribute to the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of Danish support to the East African Community (EAC).
See more at http://www.eac.int/
• Manage the Danish support to EAC programme 2011-14 with a particular emphasis on the Tanzania angle, including support to the EAC secretariat.
• Provide support in the management of the Danish General Budget Support and Business Sector programmes.
• Reporting on key economic and trade developments within the EAC – You will be required to keep abreast of overall economic developments and trade issues within the EAC, working closely with the Growth, Business and Employment unit, and with Danish Embassies in EAC capitals.
• Analysis of developments in the Tanzanian economy – You will be responsible for economic reporting on Tanzania, including monitoring of MKUKUTA and MKUZA II. You will be expected to produce regular economic roundups and to produce ad-hoc briefing on individual areas.
• University graduate in Economics, Political Science, Trade or Finance.
• Sound understanding of Tanzanian economy, including the business environment, public finances, the financial sector as well as regional trade and integration.
• Good understanding and experience in program/project cycle management.
Programme Officer: Public Financial Management
The Programme Officer, Public Financial Management is responsible for financial management of development aid activities related to the Public Financial Management Area.
• Regular updates and monitoring of data in the Aid Management Platform system (AMP) in accordance with directions from Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs
• Be updated on development within the Public Financial Management area in Tanzania.
• Be Focal Point for issues related to the Paris Declaration Indicators
• Be familiar with the Performance Measurement Framework (PEFA) process and assist with Fiduciary Risk Analysis
• Be accountable for all audit issues – keep overviews; control reports; develop ToRs; liaise with Controller Auditor General and private audit companies
• Prepare input to and monitor Programme Agreements and Contracts within the budgeting, accounting and financial management area.
• Assist with monitoring of the Embassy’s Commitment and Disbursement Frames.
• Function as back up for the Embassy Accountant
• University graduate in Accounting with CPA or ACCA
• Post qualification experience of 3 years – including exposure to public financial management practices
• Conversant with Accounting packages
The Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day management of the administration at the Embassy including human resources management of local staff.
• To stay up to date with all administrative issues at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Responsibility for all Embassy procurement, inventory and supplier management
• HR Management – administration of staff benefits; recruitment; performance management; staff development/training
• Keep policies current and updated in compliance with Tanzanian and Danish requirements.
• Manage Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Drivers & Gardeners – chairing weekly Administration meetings
• Super user for the system ‘UM-Tid’ (Time Management)
• University graduate in Business Administration, HR or similar
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience
• Strong HR and Administrative experience
All three of the positions above require individuals with the following knowledge and abilities:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills, with good attention to detail
Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with the ability to deliver results to a high standard within tight deadlines.
Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
IT computer skills including Microsoft Word Office, Outlook and Internet.
Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
The Embassy of Denmark offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, a leave entitlement and training. The successful candidates would need to undergo security clearance. For further information refer to www.ambdaressalaam.um.dk
Expected start date: June 1, 2011
Duration of contract: 2 years contract will be offered to the successful candidates with the opportunity for extension.
If you are qualified and interested in one of these opportunities, email your CV and cover letter describing why you would be a good candidate for the job to
(Do not email copies of certificates)
Write the reference of the job you are applying for in your email subject line.
The Deadline is Friday 6th May 2011 - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Empower