Job Title: Common Service Assistant
Salary: 19,786,011.00 TSH per annum
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
Location: High Commission of Canada in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date for applications: 20-07-2017 At midnight UTC+1 / GMT+1
Summary of position:
Under the direct supervision of the Common Service Officer the range of duties may include;Under the direct supervision of the Common Service Officer the range of duties may include;
• Performing a variety of administrative and financial functions in support of the Common Service section;
• Performing a variety of Property / Procurement activities supporting the Common Service section;
• Supporting ongoing program activities in the Common Service section;
• Responding to requests from internal and external clients by providing general information and/or front line assistance;
• Providing and/or creating information and/or documentation;
• Performing other duties as required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate on their application that they meet all of the essential qualifications.Education:
• College Diploma preferably in Business Administration, Management or Accounting.Language:
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili (spoken and written).Experience:
• A minimum of two years’ *recent experience working in an office environment;
• A minimum of two years’ *recent experience providing client service.*Recent is defined as during the past 5 years.Knowledge:
• Knowledge of financial and administrative practices and procedures;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Mail).
• Ability to set priorities, multi-task and manage time/workload effectively;
• Ability to work under pressure according to deadlines;
• Teamwork and cooperation;
• Effective communication – oral and written;
• Sound judgment;
• Adaptability, flexibility;
• Ability to take the initiative and be proactive;
• Client focus;
• Discretion and professional integrity
• Attention to detail.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Experience working in a diplomatic mission, for the Government of Canada; or in a public sector or international environment;
• Fluency in French (spoken and written).If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
Organizational Needs:Operational Requirements:
• Normal work week 37.5 hours (7.5 hours per day)Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 16:00Friday 07:30 – 13:00
• Ability and willingness to work overtime when required
• Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
Condition(s) of Employment:
• Any job offer is subject to Reliability security screening (including a criminal record and credit check).
• Proof of right to work in Tanzania and copies of educational qualifications will be required at the interview stage of the process.
Area of selection: This position is open to individuals who are eligible to reside and work in Tanzania, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below and whose applications are received by the closing date.Important Notes: • Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Please note that some email systems may block emails from unknown users. Candidates should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including junk mail.
• Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• Please note that the High Commission of Tanzania does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly.
• The High Commission of Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews then please let us know during the application process.
• The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the High Commission of Tanzania which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the process please send an email to RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca
How to apply•
Please click the Apply button below and complete the online application form. Candidates are also required to upload a CV and a covering letter. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications.
Source: The Guardian 12 July 2017