Trade Finance & Remittances Officer
Administer the processing of funds transfers, and the issuance of foreign currency drafts, in order to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction while adhering to the Bank’s procedures and policies, the tenets of KYC and maintaining strict confidentiality of customer affairs
• Ensure the inward remittances are credited to the correct beneficiary account
• Ensure no delay in posting and verification of the incoming transfers.
• Ensure account number and beneficiary account name is the same
• Enquire in case of any irregularities (contact BM/ABM ) before sending message to the originating bank.
• Ensure no income leakage for BRISK transfers
• Ensure collection of commission for the inward transfer received which is unable to apply or funds called back (TT only)
• Report to be sent to the branches for confirmation of of the credit posted before end of the day. ( For all inward transfers)
• Ensure instructions are supported by documents as per BOT requirements; verify customers’ signature, confirm instructions and capture the transactions in the system (ORM);
• Ensure that the payments and/or receipts are effected as per customer instructions;
• Ensure that all outgoing remittances and advices are sent to respective customers promptly.
• Ensure customers instructions are authenticated and confirmed (second call back);
• Initiate tracers for outgoing remittances upon client request;
• Ensure availability of the indemnity form for the advance payment or lack of shipping documents/incomplete documentation.
• Ensure customers sending TISS & TTs frequently are registered for Auto swift mail.
• Ensure charges as per approved tariff are collected in respect of each service.
• Ensure weekly BOT report is accurate and sent on timeline
Issuance of Foreign Currency Drafts and Processing Collections
• Ensure bankers drafts/cheques are accurately processed, in line with Bank Policies and Procedures, and released to customers within agreed timelines;
• Confirmation of issuance of the Drafts by preparing a swift message to the correspondent bank within agreed timelines;
Loans, Advances and Payroll administration
• Timely administration of staff salaries by ensuring that all inputs into payroll are approved on time and forwarded to the Management for authorization and sign off.
• Registering of new staffs to pension funds NSSF/PPF
• Ensure that the Bank’s pension scheme is running in line with the statutory regulations
• Ensure all taxes as per Income law is deducted and deposited with TRA on time and Preparation of mid-year returns (P9 &P10)
• Ensure all instalments in connection with staff advances and loans are recovered as per sanction terms and conditions.
• Prepare staff loan requests in line with Bank policy and forwarded to the HRM for recommendations
• Timely processing of all staff Loans and Advances as per the HR Policy
• Checking tax computation and ensure that the same is as per the various tax laws of the country.
Applicants must submit updated curriculum Vitae(CV) showing three reputable referee and their reliable contacts. Applications should be submitted via email@example.com not later than 13th March 2017.