WWF Tanzania Country Office is seeking to hire an experienced and motivated individual for the position of Green Growth Senior Fellow to be based in Dar-es-salaam to provide vision, content, and leadership for supporting inclusive green growth for to the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) as a pilot location.,
ROLE AND MAJOR FUNCTIONS
The main role for successful candidate will be providing technical advisory support to SAGCOT centre and WWF Tanzania to develop an understanding of the collective challenges and solutions related to sustainable land and water resources management to help fulfil SAGCOT centre’s mission of inclusive and green agriculture growth.
Support strategic partnership management between SAGCOT centre and partners on green growth;
• Consolidate the relationship between SAGCOT centre, WWF and other project partners and WWFs support to SAGCOT centre on decision-making in equitable green growth;
• Support enhanced capacity of SAGCOT centre as an institution to facilitate multi-stakeholder discussion related to sustainable agriculture development.
Conceptualise, analyse and develop collective water stewardship approaches needed to support SAGCOT centre in their mission of inclusive and green agriculture growth in relation to local water challenges;
Provide thought leadership to around ‘equitable green growth’ goal, tools and approaches
• Work on opportunities to support replicability of the approach and tools to the entire SAGCOT corridor and other African growth corridors;
• Lead the development of publications in high quality outlets in the international peer-reviewed literature;
• Assist with supporting PhD/Postgraduate students or other consultants where relevant;
The position will contribute to this work by sharing lessons, research, and experience from Tanzania.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Master’s Degree in Water Management, Natural Resources Management, Ecology, Environmental Science or Related disciplines
• Demonstrated research experience at least in some of the areas of water management, economics, natural resource management, ecology, geography, environmental science or a related discipline.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge in integrated water resources management
• Experience in cross-sector stakeholder engagement, especially in developing countries
• Experience in the development of effective relationships across institutions and sector
• Excellent strategic skills.
• Ability to build external partnerships, strengthens capacity, and builds teamwork.
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/. Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager through firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to J.email@example.com by 16th June 2017 at 4:30 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews.