The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, Republic of South Sudan, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States of Burundi and South Sudan to apply for the following position tenable at East African Court of Justice.
Organ / Institution: The East African Court of Justice
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Grade: P4
Job reports to: Registrar
To provide strategic leadership in the process of coordinating and facilitating utilization of the Court’s human and financial resources in accordance with the provisions in the Staff Rules and Regulations and the financial rules and regulations and other decisions and directives issued from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate implementation of policies and programmes related to Finance, human resources, information management and administrative support;
2. Plan, organize, direct and control the financial management function of the Court;
3. Enforces compliance to the Staff Rules and Regulation and financial rules and regulations and the established policies and procedures relating to staff and financial matters;
4. Provide managerial support and technical advice related to the sectors and staff under supervision;
5. Liaise with Staff to develop specific, measureable, accurate, realistic and time bound (SMART) performance indicators, monitor and evaluate individual Staff performance by ensuring that the Court’s performance evaluation/appraisal and feedback process is applied to all staff at the Court;
6. Identify policy gaps, initiate and facilitate research and studies in priority programme areas for the sectors under your supervision;
7. Coordinate Implementation of Council decisions and consolidate progress and annual reports on status of implementation of the Council decisions/directives assigned to;
8. Coordinate the day-to-day management of the EAC finances. This involves:
• Overseeing the cash flow and cash position of the Court and making appropriate recommendations to the management
• Advising on appropriate investments.
9. Coordinate preparation of monthly, quarterly, Annual and other periodic reports such as budget performance status reports, advances and monthly accounts;
10. Participate in the meetings of F&A, Council and the EALA;
11. Monitor the Court’s budget performance and make appropriate guidelines to the management;
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s Degree in Finance, Business/Public Administration/Management or related discipline from a recognized University. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in law. Professional qualification in accounting will be an added advantage.
Minimum ten (10) years in Public Management particularly in Finance and Human Resource and administration sector of which 5 years’ experience must be in a similar position.
Skills and Competencies:
Must be able to support Strategic and team leadership to the EACJ team, manage diversity, write reports and make appropriate recommendations, have good communication, presentation, conceptual, analytical, Planning, Negotiation, Networking, Judgment and decision making skills for both administrative and financial decisions. S/He must be Computer literate.
Considering the current status of quota points per Partner State under East Court of Justice, only Applicants from the Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan are eligible to apply for the Position of Deputy Registrar Finance & Administration under EACJ.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The position of Deputy Registrar Finance and Administration is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21 July 2017.
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing
The Secretary General East African Community P. o Box 1096 Arusha - Tanzania. Tel: +255 27 2162100 Fax: +255 27 2162190 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website : www.eac.int