In its efforts to expand and strengthen its operations, the Bank wishes to recruit self-motivated, result oriented and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Principal Insurance Officer:
PRINCIPAL OFFICER INSURANCE AGENCY (One position)
Reporting to Head of Finance, the position will be responsible for managing
insurance agency on daily basis to deliver business growth, excellent customer
service, operational compliance, staff performance and development:
1. To provide leadership and comprehensively manage the activities of the Agency firm including business generation, management and grow insurance business by meeting the set targets from time to time.
2. Plan, organize and coordinate day to day running of the agency
3. Respond to customer enquiries and handle customer claims;
4. Undertake market research in order to identify and recommend competitive products and services
5. Liaise with the regulator and provide all necessary reports;
6. Provide reports on the state of the business to senior management
7. Participate in the recruitment, training and management of departmental staff.
8. Accomplish agency objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; Allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid¬course corrections.
9. Developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, primarily insurance Company and other players.
10. Provide leadership and vision to the agency by assisting the Management and staff with the development of long range and annual plans and reporting the progress of the plans.
11. Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
12. Any other related duties.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Insurance from any recognized University.
Possession of Insurance professional certification will be an added advantage.
Experience in Banc Assurance relationship is highly encouraged. Other qualities
• At least 5 years’ experience in the insurance industry with extensive knowledge of sales and marketing.
• Sound knowledge of the Insurance products and services and TIRA regulations;
• High levels of professionalism, honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards);
• Good management ability with capacity to grow, support and develop talent within the agency;
• Demonstrable business acumen and excellent communication, social and presentation skills,
• Ability to meet reporting expectations of the Management, Principal Insurer and statutory bodies,
• Excellent organization, delegation, performance management, administration, analytical, influencing, negotiation and time management skills
The position carries a Competitive salary and packages commensurate to qualifications and experience will be offered to successful candidates.
Mode of Application:
Applications addressed to the Managing Director enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees should be sent latest by 10th July 2017 at or before 16.00 hours through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Maendeleo Bank Plc Is equal employer’
Source: Mwananchi 23 June, 2017