DCB Commercial Bank is a leading micro-finance bank established in 2001 and the first bank to be listed in the Dar es Salaa Stock Exchange in 2008. Its mission is to contribute to the economic and social development in Tanzania for Individual, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, and Corporate by developing' specialized financial products and services and marketing these through an efficient and sustainable branch network where the customer is treated with promptness and responsiveness.
The bank invites applications from suitable candidates to fill one position of a Board member to represent Individual Cluster.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To determine the Bank's vision, mission and values.
• To formulate, monitor and evaluate bank's policies and strategies.
• To appoint and regularly review and evaluate the performance of the Managing Director, Internal Auditor and direct reports to the Managing Director.
• To assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the Board performance, collectively and of individual directors.
• To regularly attend and effectively participate in Board, Committee and other important meetings.
• To meet the obligation of accountability to Shareholders
• Any other duties stipulated under the law
• Extensive professional experience of not less than five years in managerial level and a proven track record in banking industry, accounting, economics, ICT, electronics and communication or financial digitalization.
• A Bachelor's degree in related field. A Post Graduate or Master's Degree would be an added advantage.
• Highest moral and ethical character to be able to pass the Bank of Tanzania vetting process.
Must exhibit independence, objectivity and be capable of serving as a representative of the shareholders.
• Committed and possess personal qualities to make substantial active contributions to Board deliberations.
• Not a member of a National Assembly or House of Representative or Local Authority, under 21 or more than 70 years of age.
• No criminal record or history of bankruptcy.
Interested candidates are requested to apply as follows:. • An application letter-detailing their suitability for the position. • A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). • Certified copies of relevant certificates and awards. • Certified copies of the last two pages of your current Passport. • Four recent passport size photographs. • Letter of recommendation from three referees. Interested candidates should send their applications to: The Secretary, P. O. Box 19798, DCB House, Magomeni Mwembechai, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. E-mail: email@example.com. Deadline for applications is on 6th April 2017 at4.00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.