REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
1. Topic:Review Of The Piloted Community Based Local Production Of Complementary Food And Develops A Strategy For Scaling Up The Intervention- Ref (RFP-ETH-9100876)
Malnutrition is one of the main public health problems of children and women in Ethiopia. Acute and Chronic Malnutrition are the most prevalent with half of Ethiopian children chronically malnourished and one in ten wasted (44%, 28% and 10% of children under five are stunted, underweight and wasted respectively) .
While there have been some improvements in the indicators of malnutrition among children under five, the country needs to accelerate in order to o improve the rate of progress to achieve the target 2 of MDG 1, a reduction of underweight among children under five. Cognizant of the magnitude, causes and consequences of malnutrition and lessons learned from previous and current efforts to address malnutrition, the government, in cooperation with partners, has developed the National Nutrition Strategy (NNS) and its program, the National Nutrition Program (NNP) (2008-2012/13), to reduce the burden of malnutrition and its consequences.
In Ethiopia, inappropriate infant and young child feeding (IYCF) practices are among the key determinants of malnutrition. UNICEF and partners are supporting the National Nutrition Programme to accelerate the improvement of Infant and Young Child Feeding practices for young children. One of the major interventions is to support the Community-Based Complementary Food Production (C-CFP) in rural, food insecure areas.
To review the on-going pilot of local production of complementary food at community level in four districts, in Ethiopia and to develop an inter-sectorial strategy for sustainable scale up. Organize a meeting to discuss with AA university and four regional universities engaged in the piloting of the CF to document the lesson learned from the pilot study and identify key operational challenges and constrains. Undertake travel to the four districts (8 kebelles) in the four regions and asses the pilot project and document the key lessons from the visits
4. Qualification and Experience Required:
-More than 5 years of experiences in conducting research on dietary patterns and nutritional epidemiology, including qualitative research in rural and urban areas
-More than 10 years of experience in managing programmes on community-based nutrition and child feeding
-Practical experience on community based production of CF and knows the challenges
-Specific experiences in qualitative research on complementary feeding patterns an asset
-Specific experiences in quantitative research on nutritional compositions an asset
-Verifiable documentation on experiences with preparation of nutrition strategic documents would be an asset
Interested and eligible bidders are invited to collect the complete tender document by sending an email to the address below starting Friday 30- March-2012.
Formal offers are to be submitted to UNICEF on or before 12.00 hrs. Noon Wednesday18-April- 2012.
Due to the nature of the bid, there will be no bid public opening for this offer.
The assignment for (90days) is expected to start Mid- May-2012.
UNICEF reserves the right to accept or reject part or all of any or all bids.
ADDRESS: UNICEF ETHIOPIA, Supply Section, Room 112, Attn. Sebastian Muzuma
P.O.BOX 1169, TEL: +251-11 5184233, ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia
 DHS 2010
Review of Piloted Community Based Local Production of Complementary Food and Strategy for Scaling up Intervention UNICEF
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
My Blog List
Market Intelligence Analyst - International Post Corporation - About the International Post Corporation International Post Corporation (IPC) is the leading service provider of the global postal industry that provides l...8 hours ago
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
03/25 - 04/01
- EGPAF Country Director, Kenya
- Health Systems Analyst at Clinton Health Access In...
- Jobs in Tanzania April 2012
- Political Specialist - U.S. Embassy
- Cooperative Agreement Specialist - US EMBASSY
- Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
- Head of Translation Division Grade: P5
- Headof Interpretation Division Grade: P5
- Project Assistant Post level : GSA 5
- Directorfor Political Affairs Post Level: D1
- Auditor Grade: P2
- IT Auditor - African Union
- Senior Policy Officer (Political & Legal Matters) ...
- FINANCE OFFICER Grade: P2
- Head of Division, Peace Funds - African Union
- BILINGUAL SECRETARY Grade: GSA 4
- AU - Senior Project Officer (AfricanInternet Excha...
- POLITICAL OFFICER (DEMOCRACY AND GOVERNANCE) Grade...
- Senior Political Officer (Anticorruption and Publi...
- Senior Political Officer(Human Rights) - African U...
- Head of The Medical Laboratory Grade: P4
- Webmaster (Kiswahili) - African Union
- Software Developer - African Union
- REGIONAL ACCOUNTANT(GULU) -
- HEAD OF INFORMATION RISK - Kenya Commercial Bank
- Team Leader/ Institutional Change Management Speci...
- Advisor to the Kenya Rural Roads Authority
- Advisor to the Kenya National Highways Authority
- Berater (m/w) African Eco-Labelling Mechanism
- Junior-Berater (m/w) Stärkung des Öffentlichen Fin...
- Verwaltungsleiter (m/w) GIZ-Büro Ruanda
- Manager für Instrumente und Querschnittsthemen (m/...
- Äthiopien - Berater (m/w) Grenzmanagement in Afrik...
- Senior Site Inspection Engineer OCP Engenharia & ...
- Tjänsteansvarig bank EDB ErgoGroup SYSteam
- TECNICO DE DESARROLLO DE RECURSOS HUMANOS Triodos...
- Сотрудник тендерного департамента PrivatBank
- Senior Road Engineer RA International FZCO - Soma...
- New Mines Manager for Sub Sahara Africa
- Head of ACCA - Uganda
- Production Manager Invisible Children Inc. - Gulu...
- SADC RPTC Technical Advisor
- Audit Associate Deloitte - Nairobi
- Financial Management Program - Sub Sahara Africa ...
- Service Desk Manager FHI 360
- Opportunities with KPMG Kenya
- Program Manager, Emerging Markets Operations - Goo...
- Programme Manager
- Customer Services Skills Training Program for Nami...
- Development of Quality Assurance Review Scheme for...
- Capacity Building for Ministry of Agriculture, Gov...
- Africa University Vacancies
- Program Design Officer AWF
- Senior Program Officer – Conservation Enterprise ...
- Senior Program Manager – Conservation Enterprise ...
- Rwanda Biomedical Center Jobs And Vacancies
- Financial Management Specialists
- Freedom House Program Associate - East and Horn of...
- Financial Management Specialists World Bank Malawi...
- Desk officer “African Great Lakes region”
- Finance Analysts - World Bank Kenya
- kazi Jeshi la Polisi Tanzania
- Sikika - Head of Finance Department
- Sikika - Program Officer (1)
- Sikika - Program Officer
- Sikika - Program Officer (reports to HR)
- Sikika - Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Sikika - Head of Media & Communication Department
- Organisational Development/M&E Advisor -Tanzania
- Nafasi za Kazi Idhaa ya Kiswahili ya BBC
- Healthcare Waste Management (HCWM) Advisor, HCWM P...
- Child Health and Development Officer, ECD Project
- ECHO , Programme Assistant
- One Stop Border Post (OSBP) Coordinator Tanzania
- AMREF Administrative Assistants
- AMREF Data Entry Clerks
- AMREF Project Drivers
- AMREF Assistant Project Accountant
- AMREF Water & Sanitation Officer
- Behaviour Change & Communication Specialist
- Community Strategy Specialist AMREF
- Grant Officers AMREF
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officers
- Country Health Co-ordinators
- Regional Team Leaders
- AMREF Finance Manager
- Vehicle and Logistics Associate
- Operations and Administration Specialist
- Research Assistant Kenya
- Program Intern M&E Tanzania
- Field Office Assistant Tanzania
- Accounts Assistant Kenya
- SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER JOHN SNOW, INC
- Senior Safety Officer Shanta Gold
- Senior Environment Officer Shanta Gold
- Senior Administrative Officer II Dar es salaam Un...
- Auxiliary Police Commandant Dar es salaam Univers...
- ICT Associate UNFPA
- Associate Data Management Office Ariel Glaser Ped...
- ▼ 03/25 - 04/01
- ► 2011
- PSLE-2014 EXAMINATION RESULTS - Matokeo Darasa la Saba 2014
- MATOKEO YA KIDATO CHA NNE 2013 - CSEE 2013 EXAMINATION RESULTS
- Matokeo ya kidato cha nne 2014 - CSEE 2014 EXAMINATION RESULTS
- Tanzania Cotton Board Jobs Jan 2013
- JOBS IN TANZANIA , MTWARA AT DANGOTE - JAN 2015
- FORM II RESULTS 2014 - Matokeo ya Mtihani wa Kidato cha Pili 2014
- NAFASI ZA KAZI UHAMIAJI
- CRDB Bank Employment Opportunities
- TIGO JOBS SEPTEMBER 2013
- World Vision Tanzania Jobs