Regional Manager, TAN ROADS – MOROGORO is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates for 9 available Posts at Morogoro Weigh Bridge stations. Applications are invited from suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to apply for the following positions:
1. POSITION TITLE: SHIFT IN CHARGE (5 – POSTS)
Successful applicants must be ready to work on ‘Shift’ basis including weekends and Public Holidays. He/ She should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time with minimum supervision.
The position Holder shall report to the Axle Load Supervisor.
A: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Enforcement of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices.
2. Overall supervision of shift activities.
3. Carrying out activities as described in the Roads Traffic (Maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001. The activities include the following:
i. Weigh Motor vehicles of Gross Vehicles Weight (GVW) ~ 3500kg on Public Roads.
ii. Measure physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle, and in case of non-compliance with vehicle dimension limits, the transporters should be caused to seek for a special permits.
iii. Impose road damage fee on the spot if the vehicle is found over loaded
iv. For trucks carrying abnormal loads with special permits, the weighbridge Operator shall ascertain compliance to the permits. Any discrepancy should be reported to the weighbridge in charge for appropriate action.
v. Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
vi. Observe good customer care
vii. Report all matters to the Axle Load Supervisor
viii. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Regional Manager.
1. Holder of a Degree in Engineering related field from recognized Higher Learning Institution/College. Higher qualification will have an added advantage.
2. Age. 30 and not more than 40 years of age ..
3. Must be computer Literate (at least Advanced Certificate in Computer Applications)
4. Must be fluent in English and Swahili Languages
5. Must be Tanzanian citizen
2. POSITION TITLE: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (4 – POSTS)
A: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
The holder of this post who reports to Head of Accounts and Administration will be responsible for;
1. Enforcing of road traffic Axle Load control by the use of Weighbridge Scale Devices
2. Carrying out activities as described in the road traffic (maximum Weight of Vehicles) regulation, 2001 which include the following;
i. Collecting and banking all weighbridge charges (fees) according to weighbridge report form;
ii. Seeking current USO exchange rates issued by bank of Tanzania for case of imposing Charges that are equivalent to Tanzania shillings;
iii. Filling all reports timely
iv. Maintaining assets register
v. Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity
vi. Reporting all matters to the shift In charge
vii. Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Accounts and Administration/Regional Manager
B: KEY QUALIFICATION FOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT;
1. Holder of Ordinary Diploma in Accounting or Certificate of Accountancy from any recognized Institute.
2. Must be computer Literate (at least advance Certificate in computer application)
3. Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages
4. Must be Tanzanian Citizen
5. Not above 35 years of age.
All interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their own handwritten application letters, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and CERTIFIED COPIES of relevant education and professional certificates, together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number(s) and E-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 25th August, 2017. Applications which will be received after deadline SHALL NOT be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have worked with TAN ROADS particularly in Weighbridge Stations will not be considered and therefore are not encouraged to apply.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 91,
Tel: 023 2613091/2
Fax: 023 2613049