Mbeya Cement Company Limited is a subsidiary of the Lafarge Group, a world leader in building materials with its headquarters in Paris, France. Mbeya Cement plant is situated in the Songwe Industrial Area, 30 kms west of Mbeya City along the Mbeya – Tunduma highway. The Company has several cement sales depots within the country.
The Company is currently seeking qualified, energetic, self motivated and dynamic Tanzanians to apply for the following position.
POSITION: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
The supply chain manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the newly created supply chain function covering procurement, warehousing, and logistics. The principle duties are:
• Direct the entire planning process that includes purchasing, production, stores, logistics and distribution.
• Lead the process of identification of issues related to supply chain, proposing ways of improvement.
• Develop transportation strategy and delivery networking.
• Ensure accuracy of Purchasing planning through the planning process
• Assist and implement new business & logistics proposals.
• Strategically manage the Supply Chain to drive year-over-year Supply Chain cost savings.
• Design, optimize, implement and drive Inventory Reduction plans.
• Drive key sourcing initiatives to maximize working capital and overall cash position.
• Negotiate long-term agreements and contract pricing with key suppliers to leverage new customer contracts and overall commodity/supplier spend.
• University degree in business or related fields with at least 5 years in supply chain management at senior managerial level.
• MBA in logistics, supply chain management, procurement or transport management preferred
• Experience in managing diverse teams
• Good knowledge of supply chain processes.
Mode of Application
The position will attract a competitive salary package and benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their applications to the Human Resources Manager, Mbeya Cement Company Limited, Songwe Industrial Area, Plot No. 1, Tunduma Road, P.O. Box 529 Mbeya, Tanzania or via email (indicating the position title in the subject line) to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th
Mbeya Cement Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by Mbeya Cement within fourteen days (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
FORK LIFT OPERATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION: -loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as lorries or aircraft moving goods packed...
TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY ADVERTISEMENTS FOR TENDER OPPORTUNITIES TradeMark East Africa (TMEA), the procuring entity, seeks bids f...
BANKING OPERATION OFFICER POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position Description Document (download) CREDIT OFFICER FOR GROUP LENDING POSITI...
BACKGROUND The Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board is the Board Cooperate under the Ministry of Finance which...
DRIVER POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position Description Document (download) APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested and qualified Tan...
Senior System Administrator: Systems - Vodacom Tan... MIS Specialist - Vodacom Tanzania Manager IT Services Delivery & Applicati...
The establishment of the Ministry of Regional Administration and Local Government is enshrined in the Constitution of the United Repu...
FRONT OFFICE SPECIALIST Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company with a ma...
Job title E-Referral System Strengthening Consultant Department Sales & Marketing Based in Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzani...