Global PS Mining Investments Company Ltd is an international exploration and mining company incorporated in Dubai. The company holds the exploration rights to a number of highly prospective properties in Uganda, Tanzania and Zimbabwe. I ho company is expanding its exploration efforts in Uganda and is looking for dynamic, self-motivated and experienced people to join a growing team of exploration professionals. A challenging and rewarding environment awaits suitably qualified individuals keen to make their mark in the mineral exploration held. Conditions of service commensurate with the minerals industry in the region are offered. Interested candidates are invited to apply for the positions advertised below.
GEOLOGIST: (3 positions)
Job Reference: GPSM-Geo-2011-10
Location: Field based
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, the Geologist will assist in the implementation and running of field-based exploration programs. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on team player with extensive field experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Implementing and running diverse, field based exploration programs.
• Daily monitoring of field staff.
• Simple geological mapping.
• Transporting field teams to site and overseeing field activi¬ties.
• Accurate interpretation of basic exploration data.
• Transportation of field samples/core to field offices.
• Sampling of RC rock chips, borehole core, soils and rock outcrops.
• Implementing company QAQC protocols.
• Basic report writing as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
As a minimum, the prospective candidate must have/be the following:
• A B.Sc. degree in Earth Sciences from a reputable tertiary institution.
• At least two years of relevant field-based mineral exploration experience.
• An understanding of QAQC protocols and the implementation thereof.
• The ability to run exploration programs under minimal supervision.
• Good English language writing skills.
• Meticulous, detail oriented.
• The ability to understand and interpret geological data.
• Good soft skills.
• Fully computer literate.
• A valid driving license.
Salary: - USD/month
How to apply:
To apply please e-mail a CV (three pages maximum) together with certified copies of education certificates to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday, 18 November, 2011
MISSION : National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a state Corporation established under NHIF Act No. 9 of 1998 to provide accessible...
OFFICER MANAGEMENT SECREATARY II - 3 POSITIONS Qualifications: Holder of Secondary Education Academic Certificate and a Diploma in sec...
From The Guardian December 4, 2013 Plan is an international child - centered Development Organization whose mission is to achieve lasting...
DEADLINE: 25 th Dec. 2013 Company Profile International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based internation...
World Vision is a Christian Development, Relief and Advocacy Non Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and ...
Recruits across West Africa (Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria), Southern Africa (South Africa, Seychelles), and Eastern Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Ug...
What are you seeking in your career? Whether you’re an accomplished professional or a promising new talent, you’ll be challenged by the work...
The State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) is a state owned enterprise which was established in 1972 with the objective of developing mining i...