Global PS Mining Investments Company Ltd is an international exploration and mining company incorporated in Dubai. The company holds the exploration rights to a number of highly prospective properties in Uganda, Tanzania and Zimbabwe. I ho company is expanding its exploration efforts in Uganda and is looking for dynamic, self-motivated and experienced people to join a growing team of exploration professionals. A challenging and rewarding environment awaits suitably qualified individuals keen to make their mark in the mineral exploration held. Conditions of service commensurate with the minerals industry in the region are offered. Interested candidates are invited to apply for the positions advertised below.
GEOLOGIST: (3 positions)
Job Reference: GPSM-Geo-2011-10
Location: Field based
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, the Geologist will assist in the implementation and running of field-based exploration programs. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on team player with extensive field experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Implementing and running diverse, field based exploration programs.
• Daily monitoring of field staff.
• Simple geological mapping.
• Transporting field teams to site and overseeing field activi¬ties.
• Accurate interpretation of basic exploration data.
• Transportation of field samples/core to field offices.
• Sampling of RC rock chips, borehole core, soils and rock outcrops.
• Implementing company QAQC protocols.
• Basic report writing as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
As a minimum, the prospective candidate must have/be the following:
• A B.Sc. degree in Earth Sciences from a reputable tertiary institution.
• At least two years of relevant field-based mineral exploration experience.
• An understanding of QAQC protocols and the implementation thereof.
• The ability to run exploration programs under minimal supervision.
• Good English language writing skills.
• Meticulous, detail oriented.
• The ability to understand and interpret geological data.
• Good soft skills.
• Fully computer literate.
• A valid driving license.
Salary: - USD/month
How to apply:
To apply please e-mail a CV (three pages maximum) together with certified copies of education certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, 18 November, 2011
FORK LIFT OPERATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION: -loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as lorries or aircraft moving goods packed...
TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY ADVERTISEMENTS FOR TENDER OPPORTUNITIES TradeMark East Africa (TMEA), the procuring entity, seeks bids f...
BANKING OPERATION OFFICER POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position Description Document (download) CREDIT OFFICER FOR GROUP LENDING POSITI...
DRIVER POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position Description Document (download) APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested and qualified Tan...
Senior System Administrator: Systems - Vodacom Tan... MIS Specialist - Vodacom Tanzania Manager IT Services Delivery & Applicati...
The establishment of the Ministry of Regional Administration and Local Government is enshrined in the Constitution of the United Repu...
FRONT OFFICE SPECIALIST Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company with a ma...
Job title E-Referral System Strengthening Consultant Department Sales & Marketing Based in Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzani...
INVITATION FOR TENDER FOR THE SUPPLY OF CARDS AND CONSUMABLES FOR THE COMPUTERISED DRIVERS LICENCES: TENDER NO. AE/023/2015-16/HQ/G/...