GEOLOGIST: (3 positions)
Job Reference: GPSM-Geo-2011-10
Location: Field based
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, the Geologist will assist in the implementation and running of field-based exploration programs. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on team player with extensive field experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Implementing and running diverse, field based exploration programs.
• Daily monitoring of field staff.
• Simple geological mapping.
• Transporting field teams to site and overseeing field activi¬ties.
• Accurate interpretation of basic exploration data.
• Transportation of field samples/core to field offices.
• Sampling of RC rock chips, borehole core, soils and rock outcrops.
• Implementing company QAQC protocols.
• Basic report writing as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
As a minimum, the prospective candidate must have/be the following:
• A B.Sc. degree in Earth Sciences from a reputable tertiary institution.
• At least two years of relevant field-based mineral exploration experience.
• An understanding of QAQC protocols and the implementation thereof.
• The ability to run exploration programs under minimal supervision.
• Good English language writing skills.
• Meticulous, detail oriented.
• The ability to understand and interpret geological data.
• Good soft skills.
• Fully computer literate.
• A valid driving license.
Salary: - USD/month
How to apply:
To apply please e-mail a CV (three pages maximum) together with certified copies of education certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, 18 November, 2011