government drug store under the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly
and Children which was established by an Act of Parliament No.13 of 1993 with an objective of
developing and maintaining an efficient and cost – effective system of procurement, storage and
distribution of approved medicine and other medical supplies required for use by the public health
It has a zonal network all over the country directly serving 6000 health facilities through an
Integrated Logistical System.
Centre of excellence for health commodities supply chain in Africa.
To make quality health products accessible to all public health facilities in Tanzania.
MSD is at very exciting stage of its reforms towards enhancing its operations, systems and
processes as a professional supply chain organization; Driven by the belief that our supply chain
must be agile and flexible in order to meet the challenges put forth by the operating environment
that is full of uncertainties and dynamic elements.
MSD is now looking for skilled, innovative and motivated Tanzanians to implement these
structural changes in order to attain the objectives of the medium terms strategic plan.
JOB TITLE: CLEARING ASSISTANT- DECLARATION
DEPARTMENT: DIRECTORATE OF PROCUREMENT
REPORTS TO: CLEARING OFFICER
GRADE: MSDS 2
1. Opens file for every incoming ships/aircrafts on which a shipment for MSD is manifested.
2. Confirming vessels arrival time to Operation department for payment purposes and release
payment requisitions for timely customs and shipping line documentation prior to vessels
3. To do proper item classification (item’s HS code classification), process customs
declaration through Tanzania Customs Integrated System (TANCIS) and upload it for final
4. To process online TFDA import/export permit application and other import permit (i.e
TBS, Atomic Enegy and Tanzania Diary Board) timely.
5. Prepares all customs documents, and Central Freight Bureau and MSD documents required
in receipt of such consignment.
6. Prepares documents related to duty, taxes and other charges arising from overseas items
7. Perform and implement all custom clearance activities such as following upcoming
Shipment, documents transactions in accordance with the clearing and forwarding of
sea/airway freight policies, procedures and customs laws.
8. Make available supporting documents required for clearance such as shipping guarantees
requisitions and ensure on time submission and follow up for immediate clearance
9. Following up with the Freight Forwarders, couriers and shipping lines for freight
quotations and price lists for inbound and outbound shipments.
10. Coordinating with the Warehouse to ensure that copy of shipping documents have been
forwarded to the warehouse for proper receiving.
11. Keeping records of all demurrages, detentions and follow up with the concerned buyers for
settlements and implements preventive actions to avoid customs penalties.
12. Perform any other official duty as may be assigned by supervisor
Holder of Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding or equivalent qualification from a
2 years working experience
Clearing and forwarding skills
ISO 9001:2008 Certified
Dedicated To save Your Life
Custom duty and regulations awareness
Records management skills
JOB TITLE: CIVIL TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
GRADE: MSDS 3
1. Perform routine inspection of the building including but not limited to roofs, gutters,
floor, drains, etc., to determine their conditions and needs for preventive or corrective
2. Perform plumbing, carpentry, locksmithing and painting work to maintain operational
condition of buildings.
3. Ensure the warehouse facilities and buildings are in compliance with OSHA and other
regulatory guidelines and safety regulations.
4. Participate in preparation of the building infrastructures maintenance budgets and
monitor their expenditures
5. Prepare requisitions for building maintenance supplies, material and equipment,
monitor inventory; load and unload supplies.
6. Prepare cost estimates for maintenance activities, maintain maintenance records and
7. Repair locking systems on doors, files cabinets and lockers.
8. Suggest spare parts and service parts that should be on hand, as needed, to perform
basic maintenance procedures.
9. Perform various basic maintenance procedures on buildings and related items as will
be instructed to do so.
Full technician certificate (FTC) from recognized institution, other technical/professional
qualifications such as Engineering Technician Level I (ETI) will be an added advantage
Not less than 2 years working experience
Knowledge on Methods and principles of general building maintenance.
carpentry, plumbing, painting (skills).
contract administration skills.
Knowledge on Locksmithing and building locking and security systems.
Knowledge on Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above position.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The position attracts permanent and pensionable contract.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of the above position should send their
application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names
and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs, and copies of their
certificates to the address below not later than November 6, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will
All applications should be sent by post, courier, or delivered to:
Medical Stores Department,
Dar es Salaam.
MSD is an equal opportunity employer, women as well as people with disability are
encouraged to apply.
Note: This advertisement is also available in MSD website: www.msd.go.tz