Location: Dar Es Salaam
Reports To: Country Director
Salary: Level E
US$42-55,000 per annum depending on experience plus full expat benefits
Closing Date: 13th June 2011
This is an accompanied position and a full relocation package will be available.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter quoting RE009 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan has been working in Tanzania since 1991, supporting children and communities to gain better access to health, education, sanitation, livelihoods and protection. Currently Plan has presence in five out of 26 geographical regions in the country namely Dar es Salaam, Coast, Morogoro, Mwanza and Geita and work with 32,590 sponsored children, their families and communities.
In order to promote greater ownership of development interventions by the local communities and further scale up Plan’s interventions, there has been a change in approach. With the adoption of Child Centered Community Development (CCCD), Plan is moving from needs to rights based approach and placing a lot of emphasis on advocacy and gender mainstreaming in all programs. Our longer term Country Goals is that children and youths are empowered respected and are responsible. Under this goal the Country Strategic Plan(CSP) proposes five Country Programs designed to correspond with the four pillars of the CRC. A total budget for the current five year CSP is USD 45.3 million made up of 61% sponsorship and 39% grants.
The role of the Program Support Manager is to lead the Program Support Department in developing coherent, integrated and quality programs (design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation). To develop capabilities among Plan staff and program participants, to support the achievement of country program goals that are aligned with Plan’s program framework.
- Facilitate the design and evaluation of the Country Strategic Plan and Programs
- Provide best practices from field experiences through systematic research and evaluation are distilled and shared within the organization and outside Plan
- Support program by ensuring technical support is provided
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of Plan’s program framework
- Represent Plan in national, regional and international meeting as per recommendation from Country Director and ensure that information/agreements are communicate and implemented accordingly
- Contribute to the collective and informed decisions made by the CMT on major issues for program strategy, implementation and monitoring
- Build relationships with appropriate partners/networks working for Plan programs
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- University degree with background in development and management or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience as a development professional in planning, monitoring, evaluating programs and managing pool of technical support
- Understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty
- Understanding of country’s development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Networking experience with development organizations in the country and at the international level
- Process and project management skills
- Exposure to working in multi-cultural setting
- Experience in working with child-focused development organization will be an advantage
- Facilitation and active listening skills
- Good presentation skills and demonstrated writing skills (report writing, proposal and concept paper writing)
- Advocacy and networking skills
- Skills to work in cross-cultural setting
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated English language command (written, spoken)