World Vision is a Christian Development, Relief and Advocacy, Non Government Organization dedicate to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal record.
“Our vision for every child, Life in all its fullness”
“Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so”
World Vision Tanzania is seeking to recruit suitable qualified Tanzanian citizens to fill the following positions.
Emergency Response Mgr
This position provides oversight to all emergency response operations within Tanzania, Oversees the management of all projects and other potential projects. Position also participates in the design of future projects in collaboration with various stakeholders
- Ensure that all current projects are implemented according to project proposals and contracts and in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the donor.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with donors, NGOs (both local and international), and relevant government authorities (e.g. Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, etc.), and coordinate activities with other NGOs (both local and international) to ensure that program activities do not conflict with or duplicate activities of other initiatives.
- Provide leadership to needs assessments in current and projected project areas to ensure that programming is justifiable and well designed.
- Work with the leadership and with input from Sector Coordinators to develop strategies for future WVT programming.
- Assist with delegated aspects of project design and proposal writing.
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the effective leadership of the overall emergency response, including annual operating plan and multi-year strategic planning.
- Take a lead role in growing the organization – to new communities, in targeted sectors, with a focus on ensuring quality ministry.
- Complete and submit operational activity reports to leadership
- Prepare financial status and project progress reports, and other information as required for the donors, the National Director and Board, Support Offices, and Partnership Office.
- Maintain regular contact with other international and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and government officials working to serve as a network for obtaining and coordinating information regarding current and future work in the country.
- Coordinate and conduct on-going monitoring and the evaluation of all project activities.
- Ensure that proper accounting systems and practices are in place within the Operations Division, so as to facilitate the approval of funding for projects.
- Oversee Emergency Response compliance with all relevant sections of the Field Financial Manual.
- Ensure that audit reports and audit findings are distributed to project managers and to all senior operations staff, so that findings and problems can be addressed and solved.
- Ensure that projects provide responses to the Operations Division on all audit reports and findings, so that these responses can be directed to the Internal Auditor
- Assess the effectiveness of current projects and identify possibilities for new projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in the management of relief and development work
- At least 5 years field experience in a developing country
- Experience with World Vision or a similar large NGO’s policies and procedures
- Experience in management and knowledge of basic accounting methods and procedures
- Ability to train and supervise a multi-cultural staff
- Good cross-cultural communication skills
- An openness to learning about and understanding the culture
Program Officer - Tanzania Response
The overall responsibility is to manage the emergency development function in WV Tanzania. Lead the networking and donor relations, coordination of proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation of the program activities according to the Emergency Response Strategy and the Emergency Operational Plan for strengthening the quality and timeliness of response to beneficiary needs and reporting to donors. Guide technical specialists in the development of programme designs, proposal development and training
- Provide input into project design and implementation of the emergency response interventions.
- Provide effective program leadership and guidance to the sectoral specialists.
- Provide input into the preparation of the emergency response operational plans, ensuring documents of quality and coherence that serve as a solid management tool.
- Provide ongoing strategic planning to ensure project initiatives remain appropriate, responsive, high in quality, focused and realistic given the staff capacity and given the uncertainties of carrying out operations in a relief area.
- Ensure the collection of appropriate baseline data collection and surveillance systems for enhanced operational efficiency and effectiveness. Appropriate evaluation of the evolving status of the beneficiary population, verifiable measurements of achievements against program objectives.
- Draw up implementation plans with sector coordinators that measure quantitative and qualitative accomplishment of objectives against indicators that are drawn from baseline studies and updates by an ongoing monitoring system. Ensure that monthly and mid-term reports reflect verifiable measurement impact and accomplishment in accordance with the implementation plan.
- Conduct project evaluations for maintaining quality, relevance and impact. Monitor initiatives at the relief program site in coordination with the emergency response team and sector specialist.
- Make regular field visits to the relief area for the purpose of project evaluation/monitoring and familiarization with the situation on the ground. To be involved with on-site training for Program officers, sector coordinators and technical personnel in the areas of project design and implementation.
- Coordinate the various Project activities with the senior emergency response team and Project Managers/Officers on a regular basis to assure a well-integrated program approach.
- Work with sector coordinators along with the Emergency Response Manager and Finance Manager to monitor fiscal year expenditures in relation to the accomplishment of relief project objectives.
- Provide regular liaison feedback between the field implementation team and the NO leaders for enhanced team collaboration.
- Enhance management's responsiveness to the technical and administrative needs of the field by assuring regular on-site managerial input and liaison between the field and Arusha office as regards programmatic concerns.
- Assure timely and quality reporting on program activities to the partnership and donors
- Liaise with donors for program orientation, acquisition of resources and other marketing issues. Assure good collaboration with all donors, UN, international and local NGOs and community entities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- University degree in a related field.
- 5 years management and relief field experience in the developing world or the equivalent in the headquarters of a major NGO.
- Strong experience in project design and proposal writing.
- Experience with grants
- Clear understanding of the workings of major donors.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
How to apply:
Interested candidate who meet the above criteria should submit their applications letter (addressed to People and Culture Manager) together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials, contacts and three referees one of them being a church leader to Wvt_recruit@wvl.org before 03 Sep 2011
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.